I stumbled across composer/installers the other day, and I figured out how to use it to install core, modules and packages. I have submitted a PR to them [ https://github.com/composer/installers/pull/57 ] so that they can enable support, but you should be able to test what I have done as I have used composer/satis to create my own temporary repository for installing composer packages.
lukearmstrong/satis >> http://lukearmstrong.co.uk/satis/
/var/www/fuel $ composer install
Loading composer repositories with package information
- Installing fuelphp/upload (dev-master 7c8158a)
- Installing composer/installers (dev-fuelphp-support 7941e25)
- Installing fuel/core (dev-composer-installers cae0ffb)
- Installing fuel/auth (dev-composer-installers 76ee813)
- Installing fuel/email (dev-composer-installers 2233333)
- Installing fuel/oil (dev-composer-installers 5da935e)
- Installing fuel/orm (dev-composer-installers c5d2787)
- Installing fuel/parser (dev-composer-installers 920ed81)
- Installing psr/log (1.0.0)
Loading from cache
- Installing monolog/monolog (1.3.1)
Loading from cache
monolog/monolog suggests installing mlehner/gelf-php (Allow sending log messages to a GrayLog2 server)
monolog/monolog suggests installing raven/raven (Allow sending log messages to a Sentry server)
monolog/monolog suggests installing doctrine/couchdb (Allow sending log messages to a CouchDB server)
monolog/monolog suggests installing ext-amqp (Allow sending log messages to an AMQP server (1.0+ required))
monolog/monolog suggests installing ext-mongo (Allow sending log messages to a MongoDB server)
Writing lock file
Generating autoload files
I have submitted 6 other PRs to you.
I am aware that the PRs aren't correct, as the composer.json files point to my personal repository and my branches, but this is just so that you can simply clone and run
composer install to see it work.
If you like the idea, all you need to do is add the
fuel/* repositories to https://packagist.org/
As a fair bit of effort went into this, I would appreciate being able to fix these PRs to make them point to the packages on packagist once you have added them, so please don't rewrite my commits as I won't get any "credit" for my work.